04 February 2005

Carnaval Fin de Semana

¿qué pasa?... Feliz fin de semana...feliz carnaval !!!!!!

It's carnival weekend here, but no carnival....De people just pack out at the beaches. de wimmen show off tuh thon, tuh thong, thong thongs and de men duh beer bellies.... So the beach I will not be going. Went two carnivals ago and the beaches were so literally packed that you could not find a place to lay a towel. Plus the traffic back home can be horrendous....So the la playa is out.

We will go to a national park and do some hiking, take in some of the mountain scenery and inland activities. It's so funny, here in Caracas, Monday and Tuesday are holidays because of carnival, yet, there are no carnival activities, no parades, nuh parties, nuh festivities, concerts nuttin. De children get dressed up in costumes (like halloween) and walk bout wid duh parents. Teenagers and young adults celebrate by throwing water bombs at people, so yuh walking de street and next thing yuh know, splash.. sumbodie done throw a water balloon at yuh, in some cases it worst cause de ballon coulda have in pee or a egg...dah is dem version ah celebrating carnaval. ah tell yuh dis is e strangest city bout dey. more dan 5 million people and dem can't have a carnival parade or nuttin so.....

So muh carnival day gonna be sepnt doing some nature things. There are some beautiful nature parks and reserves around this country wid water falls and lots of interesting things but since tourism isn't their strong point. You wouldn't know. This could be such a profitable place if they invested more into their natural tourism..but hey, when you have shallow minded, superficial people what do you expect.

Something that caught my attention today. Have you ever people watched...i mean just watch people go about their business. I was riding in a bus this morning and that's what I did. I mean it's something that I do a lot, just sit and people watch. Try it one of these day and you gonna see what I mean. So I sat there in the bus and saw all types of people go by, big ones, little one, old and young, well dressed and not so well dressed... and as i watched them I just thought, human beings are such a diverse group. the varieties and differences I saw in the people and then I try to analyze them. Where do they live? are they married and have a family or not..what's going on in their individual lives..just simple things that engaged my attention.... I just thought to share this with you bloggers out there... so this weekend as you go about...take a few mins while at the stop light, on the train or bus and just do some people watching...you'll be surprised at the thought that come to your mind. Come back and share them with me.

4 comments:

Mad Bull said...

Yeah, I agree with you, watching people can be fascinating. I do it all the time, I even have a name for it... I call it peoplesurfing. I have blogged about my experiences while peoplesurfing here and here. Check them out if you like...

Hey, you should give some consideration to opening up your blog to anonymous commenting. I happen to have a blogger account from ages ago, but so many others who might want to comment here don't you know? Anyway, TTYL.

Mad Bull

Campfyah said...

I din realize that I had it blocked, I'll definitely open it. Yes, man people surfing or watching is a awesome thing...can be often times relaxing as, you settle into the activity and just watch the world and your worries go by.

Abeni said...

People watching is fun.Many times I find myself doing it and I wonder if people think am staring.Sometimes am not even sure what am watching-if it is the clothes or just trying to imagine what is going on in their lives.

Jdid said...

interesting they still have the holidays but no carnival